CIW – Web Design Specialist
Gain hands-on expertise in the CIW Web Design Specialist certification exam with CIW Web Design Specialist course. CIW Web Design Specialist cert guide provides complete coverage of the 1D0-520 exam objectives and provides knowledge and skills in the domains such as site development essentials; web design elements; basic and advanced web technologies; website development process; website accessibility and usability; navigation concepts, and many more. The cert guide is best suited for the professionals willing to start a career in the field of web designing.
Here’s what you will get
The CIW Web Design Specialist certification is a vendor-neutral industry-recognized credential designed for IT professionals to demonstrate their web designing skills. The exam is a part of the CIW Web and Mobile Design series certification. The exam validates your expertise in designing and publishing websites including extensible HTML, and extended technologies, image files, GUI site development applications, site publishing and maintenance) and many more.
Live Lab (Add-on Component)
Here’s what you will learn
Hands on Activities (Live Labs)
Overview of Web Design Concepts
Web Development Teams
Web Project Management Fundamentals
Web Site Development Process
Web Page Layout and Elements
Web Site Usability and Accessibility
Multimedia and the Web
Ethical and Legal Issues in Web Development
HTML and the Evolution of Markup
XML and XHTML
Web Page Structure — Tables and Framesets
Cascading Style Sheets
Site Content and Metadata
Site Development with Microsoft Expression Web 4 — Introduction
Site Development with Expression Web 4 — Basic Features
Site Development with Expression Web 4 — Advanced Features
Site Development with Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 — Introduction
Site Development with Dreamweaver CS6 — Basic Features
Site Development with Dreamweaver CS6 — Advanced Features
Creating Web Pages Using Open-Source Tools
Image Editing with Adobe Fireworks CS6
Multimedia with Adobe Flash Professional CS6
Multimedia with Flash Professional CS6 — Timeline, Layers, Symbols and Buttons
Multimedia with Flash Professional CS6 — Tweens
Multimedia with Flash Professional CS6 — Movie Clips
Multimedia withFlash Professional CS6 — ActionScript, Masks and Practical Uses
Plug-Ins and Java Applets
HTTP Servers and Web Applications
Web Site Publishing and Maintenance
– What are the prerequisites for this exam?
Here are the pre-requisite:
– Optional: CIW Web Foundations Associate or equivalent knowledge
– A basic understanding of Internet functionality and tools, and X/HTML
– What is the exam registration fee?
– Where do I take the exam?
– What is the format of the exam?
The exam consists of linear, multiple choice, fill in the blank, fact-based, and situational questions.
– How many questions are asked in the exam?
The exam contains 70 questions.
– What is the duration of the exam?
– What is the passing score?
– What is the exam’s retake policy?
Here are the retake policies:
A 24-hour waiting period is required between the first and second attempt exam.
– If a candidate passes a CIW exam, he will not be allowed to retake that CIW exam.
– 30 calendar days waiting period from the date of the previous sitting before any third or subsequent sitting exam.
– What is the validity of the certification?
CIW certifications do not expire unless CIW changes its policy.
– Where can I find more information about this exam?
To know more about the 1D0-520, click here.
– Which certification covers this exam?
CIW Web and Mobile Design Series Certification
– What are the career opportunities after passing this exam?
– Internet Consultants
– Marketing Professionals
– Web and Graphic Artists
– Business Professionals
Complete the form below to receive a quote or more information